Low Level Laser Therapy for Patients with Cervical Disk Hernia
Cervical disk herniation is a condition that occurs when the soft inner portion of a disk in the cervical spine (neck) pushes through a tear in the outer ring. This can put pressure on nerves, causing pain, numbness, weakness, and other symptoms.
Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) is a non-invasive treatment that uses low levels of laser light to stimulate healing and reduce pain. It has been shown to be effective in treating a variety of pain conditions, including cervical disk herniation.
How does LLLT work?
- Reduces inflammation: LLLT can help to reduce inflammation by decreasing the production of inflammatory mediators.
- Increases blood flow: LLLT can help to increase blood flow to the injured area, which can help to speed up the healing process.
- Stimulates cell growth: LLLT can help to stimulate the growth of new cells, which can help to repair the damaged tissue.
What are the benefits of LLLT?
- Non-invasive: LLLT is a non-invasive treatment, which means that it does not involve surgery or injections.
- Painless: LLLT is a painless treatment.
- Safe: LLLT is a safe treatment with no known side effects.
- Effective: LLLT has been shown to be effective in treating cervical disk herniation.
What can I expect during an LLLT treatment?
- An LLLT treatment typically lasts for 10-15 minutes.
- The laser will be applied to the affected area.
- You may feel a warm sensation during the treatment.
- You may need to undergo several LLLT treatments to see results.
Is LLLT right for me?
LLLT is a safe and effective treatment for cervical disk herniation. However, it is not right for everyone. You should talk to your doctor to see if LLLT is right for you.
Here are some additional things to keep in mind about LLLT:
- LLLT is not a cure for cervical disk herniation.
- LLLT may not be effective for everyone.
- LLLT is most effective when used in conjunction with other treatment modalities, such as physical therapy.
If you are considering LLLT for cervical disk herniation, be sure to talk to your doctor to discuss the risks and benefits.
LLLT is a safe and effective treatment for cervical disk herniation. It can help to reduce pain, inflammation, and other symptoms. If you are considering LLLT, be sure to talk to your doctor to discuss the risks and benefits.