Spring is finally here! Or is it ?, but let’s be optimistic 🙂 … After such a long and cold winter, it’s thrilling to feel the wind in your hair and the warm sun on your face.
Here are simple ways to enjoy the outdoors and Spring Activities:
1. Go Hiking
There are most likely numerous gorgeous hiking spots near you, and take your family on a walk in nature. You can use it as a time to talk about the local wildlife and how to protect it. Ten best hikes in Alberta.
2. Play in the rain.
Put on your rain gear and play in puddles! See who can make the biggest or most stylish splash. Make mud pies—don’t be afraid to get dirty, revel in the gooey globby mess! Do the Dougie or the robot and sing in the rain. Collect rain in different containers and listen to the sounds of raindrops as they hit a metal, plastic or glass container. Float a boat made out of recycled items, paper or twigs and leaves as a Spring Activities.
3. Go on a walk or bike ride.
Observe the natural world as you make your way through the woods or park for Spring Activities.
- Senses walk: Use all of your senses to experience spring. Smell the flowers or grass. Listen to birds chirping. Feel the smoothness or roughness of a rock.
- Shape scavenger hunt: Look closely and you’ll find shapes all around you. Bonus points for spotting 3D shapes such as a cube, cylinder or sphere.
- Color walk: Find items for every color in the rainbow (remember it’s ROYGBIV).
- ABC walk: Look for items that start with each letter of the alphabet.
- Learn about trees: Identify trees by their leaves, bark, seeds and branches.
- Nighttime walk: Listen for nocturnal creatures such as bats and owls.
- Make a masterpiece: Collect items on your walk to create art. Paint sticks or rocks, press flowers, make sun prints, or mix some flower potion.
4. Plant a garden.
Reconnect your child with the wonder of nature by showing her that a tiny seed can grow into a plant. Keep this simple by planting an herb garden or planting in containers. You can also choose plants to create a garden that attracts specific animals such as a bird or butterfly garden for Spring Activities.
5. Watch for wildlife.
Make a bird feeder and go bird watching for Spring Activities. Look under a rock or log for creepy crawlies. Spy a spider weaving its web. Watch squirrels playing atop trees. Search for animal tracks.
6. Go Golfing…. FORE!!!
A little putt-putt is the perfect game for Spring Activities. Play 9 or 18 holes, can’t beat that! FORE!!!
7. Go on a picnic.
Spring is the perfect time for a picnic—there are no mosquitos or flies yet! Bring a blanket and some delicious sandwiches or snacks. Turn it into a booknic by bringing along books.
8. Go Camping
Find the perfect campsite in your area. Make sure that you have a tent and some sleeping bags and bring enough vegan food to last on your trip. And don’t forget the bug repellent.
Sometimes Injury can’t be prevented….
When injuries occur because of accidents sometimes it is not something we can control. But you could get help to speed up the healing process. A new and innovated way of healing most injuries is through Photobiomodulation or simply called Laser Therapy, this technology offers an invasive-free alternative to surgery or drugs. At ALRC we can help muscular and joint problems to heal by using one of the most effective laser therapy units which is the BIOFLEX laser.
Book for your monthly tune-up NOW!!! Call (403) 452-0233!!!